1. High Rental Yields: According to research by JLL, Dubai recently got the number 1 spot for the world's most investible Hybrid Cities. Its luxury and superiour live-ability status mean that buy-to-let investors can achieve much higher rental yields compared to other mature markets.
2. Attractive Payment Plans: Dubai ranks 5th on the highest performing economies in the world. A stable economy that is focused on long-term growth is able to offer attractive, flexible payment plans to locals, residents and non-residents.
3. Expo 2020: We mentioned it before, and we will mention it again. In less than 100 days, Dubai will welcome the world in what is set out to be the world's largest business event in 2021. Expo 2020 further cements the city's commitment to economic growth that will attract entrepreneurs and investors from around the globe.
4. No Annual Property Taxes: No property purchase taxes, no annual property taxes, no value-added or capital gains taxes make the emirate a highly interesting and desirable place to invest.
5. International Trade and Business Hub: Dubai homes a third of Fortune's Top 500 companies and attracts the world's best business talent. With Dubai International Airport welcoming some of the highest passenger numbers and Jebel Ali Port being the largest man-made seaport in the world, international trade is accessible and blooming - reason enough for most savvy investors to invest in the city.
6. Strong Infrastructure: Along with a high standard of living, Dubai's phenomenal infrastructure is a huge pull for foreign and local investors. Dubai has long been striving to create a smooth process for entrepreneurs and companies to set up their business in the city. A wide array of business licenses to choose from, accessibility to visas and the ability to conduct business from abroad are only some of the major initiatives taken by the government to attract investment and support growth.
7. Tourism Hub: Dubai is the city of experiences! Attracting almost 20 million annual visitors, mostly comprised of high-net-worth individuals looking for a luxe stay and unique experiences, Dubai is set to invest an additional $56 billion in tourism by 2022.
8. The Happiness Agenda: With the ultimate goal to become the happiest place in the world, Dubai has invested in a methodical, science-based approach called the Dubai Happiness Agenda. It measures, impacts and sustains happiness levels across all aspects of life across the city. The 16 programmes have been developed to increase satisfaction among residents and boost positive outlook.
9. A Safe Place to Live: In 2020, the global database Numbeo has ranked Dubai as the third safest city in the world with a safety index score of 84.55 and a crime index score of 15.45.
10. 100% Foreign Business Ownership: Since 1st June 2021, foreign nationals can own 100% of commercial companies. This exciting change means that foreign entrepreneurs are no longer required to go into business with a UAE national majorityshare holder. Abdulla bin Touq Al Marri, the Minister of Economy, said: “The amended Commercial Companies Law aims at boosting the country’s competitive edge and is a part of UAE government’s efforts to facilitate doing business.”