With offers including flexible, long-term payment plans, waived service charges and cashback offers on property purchases, among the many offers available on the exhibition floor, developers are listening to and meeting customer needs.
“We launched Blue Waves Tower, two days before the event because we wanted to use the energy of Cityscape to drive demand for this project. We have properties starting from AED 349,000 with a seven- year payment plan. We believe this is what the market is seeking. We have seen how developers have taken on price correction in order to bring back buyer confidence,” said Enass Abdelbaset, Director of Agents Department, Tiger.
“We have already seen a great response to our projects and payment plans. We look forward to the show being open on Friday for the first time to draw in more crowds from across the UAE.”
RAK Properties is another show exhibitor seeking to attract buyers with progressive incentives. Ali Hamdoum, Director of Marketing and Sales, RAK Properties said, “We are moving towards a customer-centric market. At this year’s Cityscape Global, we are offering consumers long-term payment plans, three percent free community charges, three percent cashback, among other offers. Our goal is to increase our consumer base and we can only do that through such incentives. These are schemes that will draw investors to RAK Properties.”
The forward-thinking move to incentivise buyers is a sign of a maturing market whereby developers are having to be proactive in their pursuit of both house hunters and investors, say show organisers.
Sophia Syed, Group Marketing Manager, Binghatti said, “At Binghatti we have taken the opportunity to use Cityscape as a platform to launch our new project Binghatti Avenue. The project has been very well received by visitors and invited buyers. The market is skewed towards affordability and we have responded to this trend with our range of payment plans and properties available across all budgets. We look forward to having Cityscape open on a weekend to target a wider range of consumers.”
“The local property market is maturing and we see more developers becoming creative with their offerings for both ready stock and off-plan units to stimulate demand with local and foreign investors. That’s a positive sign for the industry and Cityscape Global has once again proven that it is the best platform for developers and homebuyers to connect and do business. The projects on display and the added incentives are addressing market needs and meeting consumer demand,” said Chris Speller, Group Director, Cityscape, Informa Markets.
Developers honoured at Cityscape Awards
Meanwhile, ‘Cityscape Awards for Emerging Markets’, the annual event celebrating excellence in real estate saw 56 finalists from 12 nations across South America, Africa, the Middle East, Sub-continent and Asia at a gala event to celebrate their peers.
The awards are the most prestigious honours that recognise excellence across 12 real estate development and architecture aspects from commercial to residential and retail, sustainability, community and leisure and hospitality. This year’s prestigious awards went to:
- Commercial Project Award (BUILD) – One Landscape Design Limited
- Commercial Project Award (FUTURE) - Morphogenesis
- Community & Culture Project Award (BUILT) - BuroHappold Engineering
- Community & Culture Project Award (FUTURE) - Dabbagh Architects
- Leisure & Hospitality Project Award (BUILT) - Ronald Lu & Partners
- Leisure & Hospitality Project Award (FUTURE) - NDA Group
- Residential - Low to Medium Rise Project Award (BUILT) – FGMF
- Residential - Low to Medium Rise Project Award (FUTURE) - MUUM
- Residential - Medium to High Rise Project Award (BUILT) - FGMF
- Residential - Medium to High Rise Project Award (FUTURE) - Killa Design
- Retail Project Award (BUILT) – LWK+PARTNERS (HK) LTD.
- Retail Project Award (FUTURE) – LWK+PARTNERS (HK) LTD.
- Sustainability – VERITAS
- Affordable Housing – Judge’s Special Commendation - ONG&ON